- Link on our website the first point of contact for community volunteers
- Marketing and promotion of Volunteer Requests
- Unlimited numbers of requests for volunteers
- Involvement in cooperative promotional publications and events
- Reduced cost for educational events
- 1 vote at Annual and Special General Meetings
- Eligibility to nominate Board members
Marketing and promotion of Volunteer Requests
Email of new events to our database of Special Event Volunteers
We promote your volunteer needs through a variety of methods, including:
- On-line listing of volunteer opportunities.
- Weekly Volunteer Highlights advertising in Print, Radio, TV, Faxing, E-mails, Facebook, Twitter, and many online classifieds.
- Making referrals to phone-in, walk-in, or emailed-in volunteers based on matching their skills and interests to your request.
|Not-For-Profit Group (Budget over $100,000/Year)||$96.00/year|
|Not-For-Profit Group (Budget under $100,000/Year)||$60.00/year|
|For Profit Group (Businesses)||$96.00/year|
Step 1: Become a member
Review the Membership Fees to determine your category.You can contact the office to discuss job description(s) requirements and the number of volunteer placement(s) you are seeking. Fill out the Agency Membership Form, (PDF Version)
Step 2: Request Volunteers
Complete the downloadable Volunteer Request Form, (PDF Version) for each position or event to be promoted. REMEMBER: it is important to make your volunteer recruitment plans well in advance of your needs. We’ll need at least two weeks to try to properly recruit volunteers for you.
Step 3: Welcome and acknowledge your referrals
When volunteers are referred to you from our office they will bring you a referral form, so that you are aware they were referred from our office. We will also send a regular report of the volunteers who have been referred to you. For special events, we keep a sign-up list in our office and regularly forward you these contacts. It is important to make some type of contact soon after these names are forwarded to you – even if it’s just to let them know how long it will take you to get back to them!
1) Memberships are from April 1, 2016 thru March 31 2017
2) Special Events are required to purchase membership as above.
3) Payment by Cheque/Cash only.
Note – Membership that is paid in mid-month would be considered as the entire month.
Membership types and prices are explained below:
Down loadable files:
- Rights and Responsibilities of Volunteers
- Benefits of Volunteering
- Energize Inc for Individual Volunteers
- RCMP Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks – new information resource
- Association of Volunteer Managers of BC
- The Charities File
- Charity Village
- Energize, Inc
- Imagine Canada – Resource Library and Risk Management
- RCMP Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks
- Tech Soup Canada – almost FREE software and Technology Use Webinars
- Volunteer Canada
- Resources on Volunteer Management
- Boomer Generation as Volunteers
- Bridging the Gap – study on current trends in Canadian volunteer expectations
- Skills Plus – Linking Employee Skills to Volunteer Job Skills Descriptions
Imagine Canada – Resource Library, Caring Company Program
Supporting Success by 6 in Kamloops – United Way Program
705 Seymour Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 2H4
Phone: 250-372-8313 Fax: 250-372-8314 Email: email@example.com